Writing this post has been on the agenda for months. Where does time fly! If you are wondering what the hell a Liebster award is, it is a recognition award for bloggers. “Liebster” is a German word meaning beloved or dearest. The award is given from one blogger to another. Although we have crossed the follower requirements and are no longer new bloggers (yay), we thought we should engage in this entertaining exercise.
Thank you Helen, from The Lite Backpacker for nominating us. We hope you have as much fun reading this as much as we had writing this.
Here’s how the Liebster Award works:
Answer the 11 questions you have been given in your nomination.
Nominate 5 to 11 new blogs you enjoy.
Pick 11 new questions for your fellow nominees.
So here we go! Let’s get to know each other better!
- Let’s start by getting really personal, tell us about an embarrassing moment you have had when travelling? (We all have one)
The etiquette in Iceland’s geothermal bath is to take a shower naked instead of with a swimsuit. However many tourists are unaware of this rule. That can lead to a lot of confusion and embarrassment in the public shower area. Let’s just leave it that.
- Which country cooks up your favourite type of food?
Japan! We love Japanese food. Give us a sushi buffet and we will stuff ourselves silly.
- What is the ethos behind your blog, and where did it come from?
We initially registered the domain SiddharthandShruti.com to create an RSVP website for our wedding. After our marriage, we figured that it would be worthwhile to repurpose it to document our adventures together rather than consign the site to the Internet dustbin.
- What is the first thing you do when you arrive at a new destination?
Look for free Wi-Fi! We cannot live with the internet.
- If you could travel with ANYONE (celebrities, deceased persons included) who would it be? And why?
Benedict Cumberbatch. He seems like a very interesting dude and if nothing he could entertain with his wonderful impressions.
- Do you have any tips for finding inspiration for blog posts when you have writers block?
Take a walk and get away from your computer. We also pen down details and sketch when we travel. So we can jog our memory and refresh.
- Do you prefer to drive, walk, cycle or other – when out sightseeing? And why?
We love to walk around and explore. We feel that is the best way to familiarize yourself with any destination. We dig into the corners of the internet (we love nerdy stuff) and off we go finding. We also go with an open mind and a flexible itinerary, see something you like, join in.
- Have you read any great books recently to fuel someones wanderlust and inspiration?
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson
- What is the weirdest food item you have ever eaten while travelling?
Octopus. Not our cup of tea. Too chewy and slimy.
- For an outdoor adventure, do you prefer to travel to mountain, beach, rainforest, desert or countryside locations? And why?
All of them! We love the outdoors. Rainforest is on our bucketlist. Do you have any recommendations for us? Do comment below.
- Finally, who would win in a battle between a great white shark and a saltwater crocodile (the water is deep enough for both to manoeuvre easily)
We think the saltwater crocodile would kick the great white shark’s ass.
Now that we have answered the questions, it’s time to get to the next part. And the Liebster award nominations go to (drumroll please):
- Jeffrey Kieffer – Places that feed your soul
- Nikhil Kamath – Salt pepper food guide
- Blithe Edd – Nocturnal Saint
- Meenakshi J. Iyer – Polka Junction
- Cassidy Slockett – Cassidy’s adventures
Here are our 11 questions for the nominees:
- Which is your next destination? Why?
- What do you do when the weather screws up your itinerary?
- What has been your most memorable travel moment?
- Which item is a must-pack for every trip?
- Have you ever been lost? How did you deal with it?
- What would you rather choose – a summer holiday or winter holiday? lounging on the beach or skiing?
- Which destination would you never go to?
- What songs are on your road trip playlist?
- If you win the lottery, what would you splurge on?
- Do you prefer traveling alone or with someone?
- Guided tours – Yay or Nay?
Check this site for details and rule compilations if you are confused or need more information. Don’t forget to write 11 questions for your nominees to answer upon accepting the award. Have fun!